Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweet Treats and New Challenges

I love to bake, which is a good thing since I have decided to cut down on prepackaged foods. I had a bunch of bananas going bad so I made banana chocolate muffins for breakfast.



I'll admit, they are more chocolatey than banana but they are better than any of those sugar-coated cereals because they don't have nearly the sugar and they are preservative-free. Oh, who the hell am I kidding. These are probably just as bad but what's the point in living longer if you can't splurge every once in a while. I'm all about moderation. I made a second batch of plain banana muffins that I took out half the sugar the recipe called for, substituted oat flour for part of the all-purpose flour and threw in some flax for a nutritional punch. My son still loves them.


My new challenge: over 30 balls of thread crochet given to me
















This will be a long-term project. Stay tuned.

No comments: