Thursday, January 29, 2009

MItten Love

Dear Mittens,
I want to sincerely apologize. I didn't know what a little slice of perfection you were. I made the mistake of assuming that because you were small that you would be fussy and persnickety like your cousin, the sock. My ignorance of the simple mechanics of making a thumb gusset led me to ignore you for all these years.
I am sorry for having underestimated you so. What a little slice of heaven you are to knit. Oh, many wax poetic about the virtues of the sock but give me a sweet pair of mittens anyday.

You are so gracious and humble - you require little time and even less yarn, yet, within you lies a little microcosm of all the design possibilities - stitch, yarn and color combinations that can be tested and tweaked. You have inspired me in a way that no other knitting has inspired me and I promise never to take you for granted again.

Love,

Lynn

No comments: