Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Show me the (creative) love

Two items for today. First of all, I previously posted about wanting a "creative buddy". I actually posted this on Craig's List on a whim. To my surprise, I got a couple of responses and have since met some wonderful, intellegent, creative women and have several more that I hope to meet soon. Just goes to show that you never know until you try. I'm glad I stepped outside of my comfort zone and tried this one.

Second, awhile back while searching the internet I found a workshop offered in California called The Creative Entrepreneur. It looked fascinating. The workshop uses visual journals as a means for coming up with a business plan. I emailed the teacher (never got a response, thank you) and asked if there was a manual or something that I could purchase since I couldn't make it to California anytime soon. Well, wouldn't you know, there I was in the bookstore yesterday and she had written a book aptly titled The Creative Entrepreneur. I plopped down my $22 and I am very excited to get started. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: